Friday, August 27, 2010

Madison


I'm a big fan of running in Madison. I know it's not really a trail run, but whatever. That's the beauty of "trail" running. There's trails everywhere.



That says "Capital City Trail" so it counts even if it is just a sidewalk for college kids to ride their bikes on. 
I figured Madison would be a good place to start since it is the center of the state. Everyone comes back to Madison at some point. Whether it's for a football game, a night out on State St, a field trip to the capitol, or going to school it's the place to be. 
It's also become kind of a running haven for me. I've run the Madison Marathon twice. In 2009 I ran a 3:25 and gained a ton of confidence as a runner and in 2010 I ran a 3:40 and lost a lot of confidence as a runner (it was 87 degrees and I was out of shape). Anyway, I like to run there once a month or so. 
This time I made sure to hit the main spots. 

Camp Randall

The Capitol
and I think Monona Terrace is in the first picture. On second look, maybe not. I did run on State St but did not get a picture. Maybe next time. I know I'll be back.
The running itself was ok. I started strong, but didn't necessarily hold on to my momentum. I was taking some pictures and I didn't realize it was going to be almost 90 out. Anyway, here is the route:

What's up next? Hopefully something cool. 



No comments:

Post a Comment