Friday, August 27, 2010

Outdoors in Wisconsin


I'm not a native of the state of Wisconsin. Yes, I was born here in Milwaukee, but I left the state almost immediately for the Detroit area, and then spent most of my childhood in wonderful Nebraska. After another stint in Michigan, college in Minnesota, and a cup of coffee in China I ended up back in the Badger State. I guess I always knew I would.
I started out in East Troy, a small community about 30 miles southeast of Milwaukee. It also happens to be very near the southern unit of the Kettle Moraine state forest which is in my opinion some of the most beautiful parts of our country. I also began to embrace running and general outdoor activities which are tailor made for this area.
I've since run tens of thousands of miles and explored most of the state on my various travels. I've gotten in to destination runs around Wisconsin and have decided it's time to document some of these excursions. This picture is from when I used to run on the East Side of Milwaukee. I need to get back there sometime soon.
I know I can't run every trail in the state, but between running and mountain biking, I think I can come up with some pretty cool pictures and maybe some stories if I ever learn how to articulate my own thoughts. 
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment